Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Belated Birthday Plans

Two days ago was my birthday.  Unfortunately something terribly wrong happened to one of my projects based in Cambodia.  Around 2500 documents were missing and no one knows how that happened.  It started on the eve of my birthday.  I had no recourse but to get help from my home office.   I was burning the skype lines with my boss and coordinating with our systems department to get back-up tapes of the database.  On the day of my birthday, the 28th, I was feeling nauseous the entire day and by the time the afternoon came, my eyes were puffy because of stress.  Upon checking the back-up files, I had to restore approximately 4000 plus documents and not 2500.  The entire process took me the entire day plus I've had to check with my team mate just to make sure I was doing the right thing.  Never thought this would happen to me but it did.  Things happen unexpectedly.  They catch us by surprise and we just have to deal with it- birthday or no birthday.

So for a belated birthday "celebration", this is what I have planned for the weekend:
1.  Go walking around UP (my alma mater),
2.  have lunch at Persian/Indian restaurant in campus,
3.  dessert at Bannapple along Katipunan and
4. go to The Spa at the Fort.

Can't wait for a quieter weekend.  Hope your weekends are going to be relaxing as well!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment