Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hello World!

I am thirty something and SINGLE :-)  Hey it's ok.  Note the happy face!  I am happy where I am- at this particular phase.  Sometimes it's hard for people to believe it but if you see me, you'll be able to tell. Honestly, I am not envious of my friends who have kids because at this moment I still see more benefits of not having my own.  I'm not saying I'll never have them but right now, there's too much going on for ME.  Not just career-wise but on the home front (new house, dad and brother) as well.  Not to mention the fact that having a family of your own-husband and kids- can somehow stifle your mobility whether it's by personal choice or by virtue of circumstances.  So here I am enjoying the "single-life" and not being whiny about it at all.  I wasn't like this a few years ago. I  actually remember whining about my single status to one of my colleagues from the US.  His exact words were, "Age is just a number.  You can get married anytime you want". That opened my eyes.  It's probably our culture that puts too much pressure on us and REQUIRES females to be married with children at a certain age.  So while I am what I am, I'm going to enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment