Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

My First MSO show!

Went out with my girlfriends Bel and Sittie last Saturday.  Bel got free tickets for the Manila Symphony Orchestra.  Guest conductor for the show was a cousin of Bel's former officemate.  Entitled "Forces of Nature", the performance included five symphonies.  I am honestly not a fan of classical music and not familiar with even the most well known pieces. But I surely enjoyed myself and would have paid for the ticket.  I was overwhelmed with the depth of talent of our Filipino musicians.  They are trulyworld-class artists!  Bravo!


Below is a list of symphonies as performed by the MSO with guest conductor, Joseph Esmilla.

Dvorak: Symphony no.8 in G Major
Vivaldi: Violin Concerto in E flat “ La Tempesta Di Mare”
Christian Tan, violin soloist
Mendelssohn: Overtune to Fingal’s Cave, Op.26
Smetana: The Moldau
Joseph Esmilla, guest conductor

In case you're interested for the complete list of concerts for 2010, check out their website at http://www.manilasymphony.com/mso-concerts-2010/

No comments:

Post a Comment