Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

The Manila Staging of Andrew Lloyd Webber's "CATS"

I was able to get 2 tickets to the dress rehearsal of CATS courtesy of my friend Sittie.  It's really good to have friends who are "well-connected".  If I were to purchase those tickets, it would cost me P7000 each.  The show opened with the director explaining what a dress rehearsal is.  He added that there may be some choreography- lifts and stunts- that may not be seen in the show to avoid injuring cast members.  Actually, looking back, it really didn't seem like it. The entire cast seemed to be giving it their all to please the Filipino audience.

I have to be honest.  I am not a fan of this musicale.  If it were not for the discounted tickets, I wouldn't have watched it at all.  Never mind if all the Manilenans and who's -who are watching.  I do laud the actors because they gave it their all.  Bravo to them.  But I didn't find the storyline interesting as the others I've seen.  The stage and costumes were amazing though and so was the choreography.

If you have loads of money to spend go try to catch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment